April 13-19, 2014 is Public Safety Telecommunications Week
Each year, the second full week in April is dedicated to the men and women who serve as the "first" first responders.
These are the people who communicate with those who call 9-1-1. Our Emergency Medical Dispatchers (EMDs) calm the callers and give medical instructions before our emergency responders arrive on the scene.
In 2013 your Emergency Dispatch Center:
- Handled 190,250 total calls
- Dispatched 99,726 emergency calls
- Answered 98% of all 911 Calls in less than 10 seconds
- Dispatched 98% of emergency calls within 60 Seconds
Burger Eaters Wanted !
We are seeking 4 hungry individuals to represent Local 2057 in this contest.
If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com ASAP
This is the 60th year that the IAFF and MDA have joined together to help Fill The Boot.
We have a new contest this year. Each Friday we collect, Union members may enter a guessing contest for what the daily total will be.
If you want to enter this contest, click HERE to do so. This entry will only be used the week of collection and you will need to resubmit each week.
Only one entry per member. Please read the rules on the submission form. Entries MUST be in before 5 PM on each Friday. (Friday April 4, 11, 18)
We will also award a steak dinner for the crew that raises the most amount of money per collecting capita.
We hope to raise more money than we did last year, so please get out to help fill the boot. Last year we raised $100,783.
Family and Friends Day 2014
Orange County Fire
Family & Friends Day
April 12, 2014
11 AM to 3 PM
CLICK HERE FOR THE FLYER
910 Fairvilla Road, Orlando
Chili Cooking Contest
The year's MDA Fill-The-Boot collection days are:
April 4, 11, 18
If you would like to help any of those evenings at the Union Office, please contact LaurieSweeney@iaff2057.com
As you may be aware, we have a very important political race to win. Recently, two of your principal officers attended a very intense training program offered by the IAFF.
The way we have been involved in politics does not work.
We will be making some very serious changes on how, what, when, and why we do things from now on.
We are looking for volunteers... if you are or are NOT interested in helping please complete this short form. This way we know if we have your help or not.
Please take a moment to complete this questionnaire.
The April 8, 2014
General Membership meeting will be held at
at the following location:
The Union Office
6828 Hanging Moss Rd, Orlando, FL 32807
Please park in the REAR parking lot area and not in the reserved spots for other businesses in front.
We are now taking pre-sales for challenge coins in remembrance of
Mark Benge and Todd Aldridge
The coins are $12
Part of the proceeds from this coin will be supporting Florida's Fallen Firefighter Memorial
Click HERE to order
Members - Please help
Local 2057 has the following Retiree Plaques at the Union Office. We have attempted contact and sent information to these retired members and have not yet connected to issue them their retirement plaque.
If you are friends with any of them, please help us get them their gift from the Local.
If you connect with any of them, contact Staff Member Geoff Leavens
As of October 30, we have 62% of our membership registered on our web-page. We could use your help to get the remaining 38% also signed up.
Ask your friends and crew members to sign up so they can get updates, access member only areas and participate in surveys, ballot requests, etc...
Click HERE to see who is NOT yet registered
Committee Recruiting Drive
Attention Local 2057 Members
The new Bylaws have started, we are in need of members to participate on Committees. Committees are a great way to be involved in a small aspect of the Union and to make a big difference. Being a voice of the membership on one or more committees helps to ensure things are being done as a group collective rather than an individual one.
Please take a moment to look at the Committee Page, and see if any of the committees would interest you. If so, please contact the appropriate person listed.
Happy 30th Anniversary Local 2057
COINS HAVE ARRIVED !!!
On December 15, 1982, Orange County Professional Fire Fighters was granted a charter from the International Association of Fire Fighters, IAFF Local 2057.
In recoginition of our 30th anniversary, Local 2057 will be selling 30th anniversary coins. They will sell for $10.00, and all proceeds will go to the Benevolent.
COINS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!
Please contact a Staff, Officer or Steward to purchase
The webpage needs pictures.
If you feel you have any great pictures for the webpage, please email them to
We can not promise ALL the pictures will be used, but we will keep all submitted for future use.